The basic premise and philosophy of early childhood education is founded on the knowledge that:
- Each child has the right to play and interact in a safe and welcoming early childhood environment.
- Each child develops at a different rate.
- Children learn through play and that play should be fun!
All children have a natural desire to learn. All they need is opportunities to do so, and the skills necessary to benefit from the opportunity.
The teacher, who has a minimum of 3 years training in early childhood development and education, will individually observe and make records on a child’s behavior and development.
From these records the basis of the program and activities provided by the Preschool will be formed. Much of these activities will be relaxed and unstructured so the child has the chance move around through activities at their own pace. Each child is at a different stage of development and maybe highly skilled in one area and yet need help in another. As most children learn from their total environment learning occurs through our senses of sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste, many of the activities will be sensory to improve and refine these skills.
Child Safe Charter
Here at Bittern Preschool we support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
Bittern Preschool – 2024
- See our timetable
- Enrolment & fees information
- Download the full Bittern Preschool Information Booklet 2024
- Meet our Committee of Management and Staff of Bittern Preschool
- Download the Bush Kinder parent handbook
- See our Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- See our Child Safe Environment and Wellbeing
- See our Code of Conduct Policy